If you plan to have a knee replacement, you’ll want a highly-qualified orthopedic surgeon to complete the surgery. How do you find the best knee surgeon in New Orleans who is right for you? Here are important factors to keep in mind.
As leading Dentist in woburn, George P bring over 30 years of experience creating smiles with dental implants and family dentistry. See how …
Top Things to Look for in a Knee Surgeon
Find an orthopedic surgeon who:
- Is board certified in orthopedic surgery and who specializes in knee replacements;
- You are comfortable talking with and who fully answers your questions;
- Has experience treating patients with your specific condition, such as knee arthritis;
- Accepts your insurance;
- Operates at a hospital that has high-quality results in knee replacement.
Here are five steps to finding the best knee surgeon in New Orleans to perform your knee replacement.
1. Ask others. Begin by creating a list of potential surgeons. Ask your friends, family, and other healthcare providers for recommendations.
2. Research experience and credentials. Take the time to research the doctors’ experience and credentials. Look for a knee surgeon in New Orleans who performs knee replacements on a regular basis. The more experience a doctor has treating your condition, the better your results will be.
3. Review the hospital’s performance. This type of surgery often requires a team of experienced and highly-skilled healthcare professionals. Because of this, you should also evaluate the overall quality of knee replacement care at the hospital where your knee surgery will be performed. If a particular hospital falls short in quality, determine if the surgeon also operates at a different facility.
4. Interview your knee surgeon in New Orleans. When you narrow down your list of knee surgeons, call each surgeon’s office to ask for a consult appointment to meet and question the doctor. While doing so, consider if you are comfortable talking with the doctor and if they answer your questions in a way you understand and respect your opinions?
Here are some questions to ask the surgeon:
- Do you usually treat patients like me with the same condition?
- How many knee replacements have you performed throughout your career?
- What results do you usually see, and do you have outcomes data to share?
- Which complications do you most frequently encounter from the surgery?
- What do you do to avoid complications or correct them if they occur?
5. Determine what your health insurance benefits cover. Your insurance coverage is a practical matter. In order to receive the most out of your insurance benefits and pay the least out-of-pocket for your surgery, try to choose a knee surgeon that participates in your plan. But remember that just because a doctor participates in your health insurance & indemnity plan doesn’t mean he or she is a high-quality surgeon. You still need to consider their expertise and experience.
If you are looking for an experienced, professional and welcoming knee surgeon in New Orleans, contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and address your concerns.